The Seattle Foundation Presents the
C.E. Boucher Memorial Scholarship
Applicants for the C.E. Boucher Memorial Scholarship (CEBMS) must:
1. Be attending the School of Engineering at the University of Washington, Washington State University, University of Oregon or Oregon State University.
2. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better.
3. Be an Oregon or Washington State resident
4. Be prepared to use the award in the next academic year to continue at the School of Engineering at the University of Washington, Washington State University, University of Oregon or Oregon State University.
Applications must include the following documentation and be
POSTMARKED BY March 1st:
1. A completed CEBMS application
2. A one-page list of activities and honors from the past 2 years.
3. Two letters of recommendation, one from an individual who can speak to the applicant’s academic credentials and one from an individual not directly tied to college activities. Letters of recommendation may not be from a relative of the applicant.
4. An official transcript from the university the student is currently attending
5. Essay: Write a brief essay (no more than 250 words) telling us about yourself, your educational achievements and your future career goals. Discuss the challenges you foresee and how you plan to accomplish your goals.
At least eight C.E. Boucher scholarships will be awarded. The CEBMS award amount will be at least $2,500, which may be used for tuition and fees, books and supplies, or room and board expenses. All applicants will be notified of the scholarship committee’s decision after May 30th. The award may be renewed upon re-application and consideration with all other applicants in future years. Academic achievement counts for 10% of the scholarship selection criteria. Leadership and community service are key criteria.
Completed applications or questions regarding the CEBMS should be directed to:
c/o The Seattle Foundation
Attn: Allison Peake-Parker
1200 5th Ave, Ste 1300
Seattle, WA 98101-3132